For this post I'm going to be blogging about my experience with Twitter. I have had a twitter account in the past but never used it so this time I actually got past just creating an account. I found it has many great features and allows you to see such a large group of people it makes it really interesting. One thing I noted right off the bat though was that anyone can see anything you post so be careful what you write. It could easily get you in trouble at work by what you post. In the past I had only used to to update my Facebook status from my phone due to the fact that I do not have a smart phone and Twitter allows you to post and link it to your Facebook so you can update via text message.
A research group did a study on Twitter and found that 40% of the Twitter content is considered pointless babble, just something to keep in mind when looking at the statistic that only 4% of the content was news. To keep your searches and content more relevant people use Hashtags (#) or look at the trending pages to see what is current and being talked about. It has become very useful in countries that have a very censored government as a way to bring news into those places.
Another useful service Twitter introduced is the ability to shorten URL's. Since your post can only be 140 characters long this provides a way around having long links that would be able to be shared on twitter.
So far I have had a pleasant experience on Twitter and plan on continuing to use it more often. The second part of my post today will be talking about web building on Weebly. My classmates and I recently created a site about Bellingham and the places to go eat and drink that the common visitor may not know about. The site is hiddenhotspot.weebly.com and I found was very easy to create. The tools they offer make web site building easy and simple. I haven't found an easier way to create a free website. Oh yea, its FREE! There are other options that you can pay for but we managed to create a great website with all the features that we needed.
It's a basic drag and drop format and you can choose to have pre made shells to work off of. It is also very easy to go back and edit later. All you have to do is log in and start editing then remember to publish your updated site when you are done. All the tools you need are in a handy tool bar that is very easy to navigate. I didn't know there was such an easy way on the web to create a site until I came across this site. I highly recommend it and plan on using it again.
No comments:
Post a Comment